Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Our Batang Pinoy 2015 Experience

I spent 5 days in Koronadal for the Batang Pinoy Games. I am so proud of my dear girl, its her first time to join Batang Pinoy and her positive, can do attitude is invigorating. She kept saying "thank you mom and dad." I couldn't just say welcome this time. Being in Koronadal for Batang Pinoy is such an eye opener for me. So, I said thank you to her too. It was her desire to swim and compete that got us all there.

Queuing up for her ID.
Like biometrics for the election.
She has a mat from The Philippine Sports Commission

with Coach Carlo Rodriguez
Some sibling love. Dinner.
Caught a glimpse Karatedo in the mall
During warm up.
Little brother, checking out the soccer field and holding onto a receipt he found.
We did not bring any paper to draw on.
Check out the shower.


Waiting for her meet.
She wants to join again next year and improve her time. I am a bit excited and I think, if we get to go next year I should be more prepared. I should remember:
1.  Look for the nearest Church. We missed Sunday mass. Tsk!
2. There is a lot of hotel time, bring:
      a. Math workbook
      b. Board Game: Avengers Monopoly
      c. Cards
      d. Word Factory
      e. Paper and pens
We need paper to draw on!!! That's my too much TV face!
3. Bring extra Sun Block
4. Bring extra pillows
We found the crab place! Check them out here 
5. Take a good family picture.

6. Bring a first aid kit.
7. Bring Cooler for drinks.
8. Bring a fan and a hat.

On the drive back, she said she can't wait for next year's Batang Pinoy and she hopes she can make it to the nationals (can do positive attitude!). I will be reading this post before the games next year and I shall be a better equipped parent for Palarong Pambansa 2016! Till then...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...