Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Sweetest Take on History

Gearing up for our June 12 Independence Day Celebration, my little boy and I watched a few videos about Philippine Independence. Here 

I told him the story of how when Gregorio H. Del Pilar the young, tragic and romantic hero of Tirad Pass was killed in battle, the Americans found a locket with a lock of hair in it. I asked my little boy, "Whose hair do you think it was?"
And with lightning speed and conviction, he blurted out, "It's his mommy's hair!" Ha! Ha! Ha! Imagine the look on the older sister's face! 

I don't have an exact plan yet on how we will spend Philippine Independence Day. I am thinking of coming up with a Philippine Flag card game. I still have to make the rules for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...