Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Independence Day 2015

So what did we do?

My husband and I spent the whole day 8:00 to 3:30 in Agro getting sun burned while cheering to my son's soccer team, Crocs Davao for the Independence Day Football Festival. 

It was super fun and uncomfortable! If you have been to Agro then you know that it has zero amenities! And since we are amateur soccer parents we did not even bring a chair! Now I know better!

As part of our Independence Day celebration we started reading this book I got in Oak and Acorn in Abreeza for P179.00. And it prompted the following questions:
1. Does the house in Tondo Manila, 314 Azcarraga  Street (now Claro M. Recto Street) still there?
2. Who and why was Andress Bonifacio killed? And why in that location?
3. What is the Spanish American War all about? We watch this short video here
Here is a much longer video of the Spanish American War and the USS Maine, but my son lost interest after 15 minutes. 
4. Do the Katipuneros want to win the war or die for the country? - form my little boy.

We also got to watch this documentary about Manuel L. Quezon in CNN Philippines. There goes Independence Day 2015 for our family. The Filipino dinner did not happen and my son is still not giving up on the card game that I suggested we make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...