Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

End of Summer 2015

It's the end of summer and for us that means all our summer classes/activities have dwindled to weekend activities. 
No more 3x a week soccer for my little boy.

I think we should continue our Summer Subject: Filipino and this time we shall trudge along with this book that I got in Fully Booked, Abreeza. 
I am thinking of ways for our family to celebrate Independence Day on June 12. I know we have a flag somewhere in the house from my Lolo. Independence Day was significant to me when I was a kid because it meant no classes or delayed school opening but I never really zeroed in on what we are actually celebrating. Independence from Spain? From the US? From our own prejudice and limitations? From school :D :D :D ?

Well, here is a site with facts I will be sharing with my children. I am thinking of activities for our family:
Flag making painting/ sewing
Filipino themed Lunch or Dinner
Music
An essay from my teenagers

Goodbye summer and hello June :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...