Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Today's Field Trip

This is a continuation of yesterday's post.

We did not get to leave the house at 8:00 and the teenagers had other plans, so it was just me and the 2 younger kiddos. We left at 9:00 because breakfast took a while. NH watched this video on Youtube right after breakfast while I prepared our lunch and left instructions to my eldest about making salad.

Our first stop was the market to check out how much coconut/buko costs.
In the story, "Fate And My Father", buko was 2,000.00 Japanese Peso in February 7, 1945.
Today, it's P20.00 only.
The coconut on the left is the one for salad and juice. The coconut on the right is older and for gata. I didn't know that! The man even made a handle! So no need to bring a bag plastic when you buy coconut in the market! I didn't know that too!!!
I asked L how many buko she could buy with the P2,000.00 that we had.
On the plaque: "In memory of Col. Thomas L. Clifford Jr. who died on on June 24, 1945 and was responsible for the liberation of Davao City.
We stopped by the rotunda in front of the post office. I have lived in this city all my life but this is the first time I came near, as in go down from the car, to check out this monument.

Our tour guide's name was Winnie and we went around the museum with a bunch of foreign students.
Our last stop for today was the Museo Dabawenyo. We arrived just in time for the guided tour! The tour gave us a happy dose of Davao pride. We were able to see World War 2 currency or Japanese Peso. There were other World War 2 artifacts in the museum but we did not get to take pictures as it was not allowed. I wish the the museum would be open on Sundays and closed on Mondays. This way, working parents can go with their children.

We got home by 11:10. Just enough time for me to help out with the lunch. 

Total cost of this field trip:
Market: P155 {Buko and Parking Fee}
Monument: FREE
Museo Dabawenyo: FREE

There goes our Field Trip or our entire morning. I think we are not yet done with this World War 2 theme. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...