Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Helping Out

Lend a hand to your sister. This is what I tell everybody in the house! Not because she is crippled and needy but because she is not! She is helping herself and working her way through her condition, Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Her condition is not life threatening (for now and I would like to keep it that way). I want our family to have meaningful positive memories about each other, I want them to practice being there for each other.

L immobilizing As after her exercise
 As has to devote 45 minutes everyday for her home exercises. Giving her the space and a hand is what I want. She seems to enjoy her exercises and she can explain her condition and why she does her exercises the way she does it. I am so happy about this. I asked her to explain to us what she is doing and how to help her. She had therapy for a month at Scoliosis SOS Clinic and wrote a diary about her daily therapy (as I instructed her to do), complete with drawings. We are now leafing through it and completing the chart they sent her.

I think As is also diligent with her exercises now because she understands them and it gives her a chance to be free from her brace during the day. She also has some suggestions about her brace. She also does not like to wear her brace. My husband and I are not very excited to invest on another body brace, but we'll see.One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...