Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Legs!!! I can't believe I missed out on this!

Now that I am writing about AS's Scoliosis I remember my dear girl's leg measurements. During our first visit, the doctor made AS do Adam's Forward Bend Test, also made her lay down and it seemed like her legs were not of the same length. When we went back for therapy the next day, the young 4th year PT student who helped/ assisted AS with her exercises measured her legs and said that the difference is insignificant and wrote it in a notebook. Could it really be? I must check this! I can't believe this is only coming back to me now.
AS has been doing her therapy everyday. We are trying to add a little to it. I think that it does not seem dynamic if she just does what she was given. Since she is growing shouldn't she have a more "growing" exercise too. Just like ballet. One is given the simplest step and you gradually progress to combines stuff. This is just me organizing my thoughts and thinking out loud!
I have lost count of how many times I have read and viewed my dear girl's xrays. I am still trying to figure and picture exactly how it's all working together...

Aside from the heart breaking videos about scoliosis and surgery in you tube, which I will now stop watching (if I can, there are hopeful videos too). I found a number of very very helpful website:
I made a google search and this is the first site I checked out National Scoliosis Foundation, after reading spine curves reaching 143 degrees I do realize that AS curve is mild. But who can tell if it will progress or not?
Scoliosis Nutty - made me feel mainstream and has loads of info.
Scoliosis Systems- this is where I found Spine Core (brace). I was for bracing, but my husband is not. Totally against it! The doctor says the curve is not big enough to recommend bracing. But I did forward the site to him. From this site,  I found out about The Schroth Method- this gave us (me and my husband) so much hope. I bought the book right away and I am now waiting for it now. I can't wait to show it to our doctor!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi alex. be strong and keep positive thoughts. :)

    devi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am also trying not to be so obsessive about this. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...