Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Malungay Chocolate Chip

The Malungay Chocolate Chip Cookies we had during the January Mommy Meet Up at The POD came from this book.


 Given by the best person in the world/almost like a dad/ confessor, Fr Ed Wood to my mom. Now I have it and am wrecking the book slowly but surely. Here's the original recipe.

 I literally turned this recipe green- by adding Malungay leaves. The want for more milk for me and the desire to trick my 3rd daughter into eating more greens prompted this. I grew up with this recipe, even experimented with it several times with varying results.


Now, we call this cookie, Malungay Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Here's what I do now.

Step 1, Harvest Malungay Leaves, Wash, Dry and Bake in low heat. They should come out dry, crispy and still green. I can keep this for about 3 days. I suppose can be more but I've never tried it.

Step 2, Sift together:
2 c flour
1tsp Baking Soda 

Step 3, In a bowl, mix together
1/2 c Oats
1 c Crushed Malungay Leaves
1 c chopped Nuts (Almonds or Walnuts, your choice)
200 grams Chopped Chocolate
Let's call this dry ingredients

Step 4, Beat the following ingredients:
1 c butter
1 c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla (optional)
Let's call this butter mixture

Step 5, Crack open 2 eggs and add in Butter mixture.
Step 6, Mix in your dry ingredient.

Scoop out your cookie dough using a small ice cream scooper. Put in ungreased cookie sheet. About an inch apart. Bake for bout 8 to 12 minutes. Makes about 45 cookies

Sometimes I add flax seed. I just take out 1/4 c flour and add 1/4 c flax seed. Experiment! Make it your own. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing alex! i will definitely try this for Naima and for myself for E's milk ;) shared on my FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is yummy! kids will surely not notice the malunggay in there! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far none of my kids noticed the Kalamungay. They do know the cookies have kalamungay in them :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...