Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Week Begins...

Yesterday, I arrived home from prenatal yoga just before my second girl and her piano teacher was about to start their lesson. 
My eldest left for school way earlier in the day. I go upstairs and find my 7 year old daughter telling my 3 year old son in all frustration, "You can't teach me!! I will teach you!"  
And my 3 year old calmly saying, "No you can't. Me first!" 

My arrival interrupted them. And my 7 year old wasted no time in telling me that she made the chart and planned it and should therefore be the one teaching, besides younger brother does not know the colors by heart etc etc... 
I really don't like getting involved in stuff like this so I said I have to change and left the room. I came back to the room to find this,
 I had to get my camera!!!
When there was nothing left to point out in the chart, my 3 year old goes, "Okay, finish, your turn". And they exchange places. How they solved this? I don't know but it worked well, I think, since there was no more arguing...

I wished I hanged around the room a little longer and I could have seen how they solved it. I am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment and would benefit from some lessons on problem solving skills involving people who are doing stuff that I think needs serious correction. But if I did hang around the room my 7 year old might have included me in her cause and might not have solved it as peacefully?!
Hmmmm...

 Finally, my dear seven year old gets what she planned, to the tune of whatever my 11 year old is learning on the piano...
Have a great week every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...