Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Breastfeeding Textmates 2

This is the continuations of my post for  Natural Parents Network Breastfeeding Week Celebration

The information was collected and tallied in: Microsoft Excel



The 2 questions regarding G6PD are from 2 different mothers. I reffered them to the following websites:


I have started collecting information again. This time instead of waiting for a full year, I shall share the information per quarter. This way it will not be overwhelming. This time working under the premise that informing parents will fuel change in the system and because of this document from WHO and the Department of Health and Lamaze International Webinar: 5 Hospital Practices that Support Breastfeeding and Kangaroo Care.

I have made changes to the BWC talk to address the biggest amount of breastfeeding questions:  sore nipples, breastfeeding when mom is sick (cough/ colds) and importance of keeping baby with mom during immediate post partum period.
From this data collected from June 2010 to May 2011, I have a lot more questions. I was not able to record how many of the babies passed by the nursery. Could it be that the moms where buying breastpumps because baby is left in the nusery for a few very vital days? Again, I was not able to collect information to support this feeling as I also did not record follow up questions. It's interesting to find out exactly how many of the BWC moms are actually working moms.
I did meet ups with moms at The POD who's babies were left in the nursery and when reunited with mom were said to cry a lot, wouldn't latch and /or always hungry. More to learn, more to do, improvements should follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...