Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Biggest Challege in Homeschooling

In the 6 years I've been homeschooling/ unschooling my children the biggest challenge for me are interruptions!!! And I can't seem to find a solution to this. Example we are in the middle of  a word factory game and the phone rings or a text comes in. My 2nd girl is doing fractions and I am checking her finished page and my son decides to go down get a banana and the whole bunch falls off the floor and the dog decides to eat what fell on the floor now my son is screaming at the dog and crying for help!!! Unlike issues that come up and can be solved, this one keeps coming up. In varying degrees, intensity and length. The phone can be hanged, my mobile phone silent but the stray cat who decides to sleep by my window and becomes the morning's greatest event and nothing can be more meaningful than spying on the stray cat...
Chess, like word factory, given that they can be so short, can still be interrupted....
Its easy to let go of the plan when something more interesting comes up (like the stray cat) or when chaos needs mending, but why they have to come up when they do? What can I do?
Could it be just life unfolding as I (intend to) pursue a specific task...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Alex! We are in the same boat :-) but then that's life...a lot of "interruptions" around. If it is really urgent, we tackle it first but if it isn't then it will have to wait for later. But if it is something exciting, we go and do it...sometimes the learning just come by and everyone ends up laughing! I enjoy reading your blog...take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...