Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

How Could YOU Bore Me?

My eldest daughter has an interest she feels passionately about. She talks about ballet, ballerinas and ballet videos with eyes twinkling. She seems determined, dedicated and excited about ballet. She was chatting away with me in the car and she suddenly stopped and asked me, "Do I bore you? Not many people are into this?" I was stunned. Does she bore me? Prior to her sudden question my mind was raising. Listening to her made my heart swell. She has a dream, a plan, she's learning a skill, building her character, interested in something I am not particularly interested in. How can I be bored? "No, not at all."
And she went on chatting away while I went on listening and driving. And feeling something in my heart.
As she opened the car door, I wanted to say, "Wait!" But then, what will I say. I drove her there and she wanted to go. So, I simply said, "Bye, Ambs. You don't bore me I am really happy for you."
"Okay I end at 4 mom. Bye!!!" And she happily walked away.

I drove back to our house with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. My eldest daughter whose gaze (as an infant) followed me around the room just asked me: "Do I bore you?" I think I got super jolted shock!!! How could she bore me? She did not bore me but she definitely made me cry. She is becoming her own person. And I sure am happy and proud. She showed consideration towards me. And I sure am happy and proud.
As I was getting down from the car I wiped my tears before my 3 younger ones see me. They tend to imagine the "worst worst ever" when I cry. And I did not want to explain. It might be too long and inarticulate and they might get bored...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...